Friday, July 13, 2012

The streams of our heart...

So.... I am walking the ocean this morning for my quiet time...and I couldn't quite find a spot just right for me...and then I noticed a stream flowing pretty strongly from up to the small dunes I guess you could say and well...if no water is flowing up from the ocean, how can such a strong, steady stream be flowing down back into it??  I investigate.  Well, as I am sure there is a scientific reason for a phantom stream coming from no where....I got a spiritual one out of it. It's like...Gods love keeps flowing.  His mercy keeps flowing.  His forgiveness...his patience.  He replenishes our strength and will to press on..always flowing.  We might not know where it comes from...how if you aren't getting waves of encouragement or love from someone...or from work or from anything..if it isnt coming into us, how then can we have a continuous flow of all that is good come from our hearts? It is almost unfair it seems to constantly give, give, and give...especially, when you get nothing back.  And when you think you've run dry...God replenishes you...when it seems like you're out, you have no more to give, God is still flowing. You aren't sure how, where, or why you are experiencing His continuous showering of love and strength...but you are thankful for it. I am thankful it never stops...I am thankful my well never runs dry.  I stumble... I make mistakes...I am so very far from perfect and yet God see's it fit to keep me flowing from a small stream into the bigger picture...the ocean. The beauty of God unveiled...in the smallest of places...Oh, how His love is not withheld...Oh, how ever flowing His grace is. Where does my help come from?  It comes from the Lord. A broken spirit and a contrite heart You will not despise, You will not despise You desire truth in the inward parts A broken spirit and a contrite heart... Lord, my heart is prone to wander Prone to leave the God I love Here’s my heart, Lord, take and seal it Seal it for Your courts above...

No comments:

Post a Comment