Sunday, June 24, 2012

The dream...

The grass is so green in Ireland....I miss it a lot already...everything over there is just beautiful. I wish I could stay there for a long time... The views that my eyes have seen will be something I can never erase or replace. I will be sad when I have to go back to the united states. Nothing or anywhere I have ever been has compared to Ireland. The way of life here is so much more different than anything I have ever experienced. Everyone is so nice...it's not a rush scene .... No, they are kind, gentle people and they are always just easy going and loving life. As Paul our tour guides grandma always said, "better to be looking down at the grass instead of up at it".. Quite true. While I am above it I want to do my very best to enjoy it as I can. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that by the time I was 25 I would be in Europe... As a kid this was just a dream...just something I always heard my dad talking about the beautiful highlands of Scotland, and the green lands of Ireland. In my mind, they were picturesque.  Being able to do this makes me feel closer to my dad because I know how much these places mean to him. And now they mean so much more to me. I can't believe that everything I remember hearing and seeing in movies and story books has al,pat finally come true. Seeing these places make me come alive inside. They give me hope. Achieving things like this ..... Now....it's something I never would have thought that I would have done. I bet the 10yr old Bekah would be going crazy in disbelief right now if she knew what she had lying ahead for her in her life.  Never giving up and perseverance is a big key in life...never giving up on the dream or closing up the wants and desires of your heart...and even the ones that you do, God is able to open the back up with even just one simple look out over the Cliffs of Moher. Some hidden dreams who have been put to sleep for years have come back alive in my heart and I see the bigger picture in this life than the small one I only allowed myself to have because of being shut off or not enough faith in myself, God, and 'the dream'.  I'm so glad that God does not give up on us...He doesn't give up on our dreams. He just allows us to go at His pace....granting us the grace and patience until He shows himself and allows us to see what He has put in us..the dreams...the desires...the wants..the things that we want to be, to do, to see.... I know for me, just having done what I have done in less than a week has just shown me how much more there is to this life than the everyday job...the everyday routine.  God never had the same routine...neither did the desciples.  God always shook them up and they never, ever knew what to expect. That's how He is. We should never want to get stuck in the ruts of life...but climb out and keep moving on...never get stuck in the routine of nothing new...newness is what keeps us alive and moving forward and learning...appreciating everything we have and who we have...otherwise, I believe we would take everything for granted... Writing this to you now...from my bus from England, looking out the window to the landscapes of France and seeing the clouds getting darker...I still can't believe I am here.  How blessed I feel. How overwhelmed I am by Gods beauty. By His grace..His mercy...His love and His desire to be part of every journey He takes us on.  I know He is just as excited as I am that I am here.... He loves to see His children learning and having a renewal of love and respect for Him.  He loves seeing our souls refreshed and our hearts.  I hope I can get as much out of the trip as I did in Ireland.  I can't wait to see what He has...

3 comments:

  1. Your words are so beautiful thanks for sharing your adventure with us I can't wait to read what's next on your journey. Be blessed and be a blessing have fun you are living the dream <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah..as I read your words, I can feel the dream coming alive in you..and it inspires me to keep dreaming....so glad I found your blog..well, your mom helped when I asked her about it...
    Mona

    ReplyDelete