Saturday, June 30, 2012

Night trains...need I say more.

Ok....so nothing surprises me anymore....After getting wrong directions yet again....we missed our day train to Budapest...apparently there was a station from the station we were supposed to go to that was not on our ticket.    However, there was a night train so we ended up taking that one...only that it didn't leave until 1am.  So, we had 14 extra hours to kill in Venice while we waited.  It was a long...long wait.  It was incredibly hot that day and we were carrying most of our luggage.....it was ridiculous...next time I travel I am not bringing near as much stuff.  Well, we walked around and took more pictures...picked up a few more gifts and headed back to the train station...the right train station. I was pretty much over this whole trip and didn't even want to continue...I just wanted to go back to Ireland and go to our Scotland destination.  So, after spending hours in this really nice hotel restaurant (they were kind enough to let us stay there until our train got there since it wasn't until 1am) with the help of my parents we rebooked the end of our trip to just go back to Ireland from Prague and then to Scotland. Both of us immediately felt at peace.  For some reason God kept stopping us from going to several places and we need to recognize that. Well, after our ordeal we made a few friends at the restaurant...the little puppy named Kiko and the waiter Mattia.  He was really nice and even gave us free drinks.  He was very sympathetic and let us crash there for as long as we needed...we ended up helping a little for letting us stay there...meg kept opening the door for them when they walked outside to the terrace with trays and drinks.  I offered to sweep and wipe down some tables.  But, they were very nice and thankfully we were able to just mostly relax. So, night train...good times. This was an awful one.... Every cart had 6 seats in it.... 3one wall and 3 on another...facing each other.  But before we got on, we met this nice girl headed for Austria and then another guy who was..well....not sure where he was headed....  I had some weird feeling in my stomach about sitting where we were but I chalked it up to my being paranoid.  Well, meeting this guy he was really nice but lots of stuff he kept saying wasnt really adding up....I had some red flags.  Anyways, upon getting on our train and realizing there was a whole family sprawled out all over our seats and no conductor who was helping to move them so we could sit on this 8hr train ride, we ended up finding a cart and randomly enough or not so random the guy from the platform found us and decided to sit there as well.  And also, while walking onto the train we had our own little "magic mike" moment...this really, extremely interesting man with a bad hi light job and the tightest washed out jeans I have ever seen with a small woman's 3button up vest with NO undershirt on and a really orange fake tan (either French or Italian) was walking in front of us...more like swaying his hips with his pink underwear hanging out and duck facing in the train windows...anyways, lucky us he ended up sitting beside me.  Complaining they weren't our seats but they were...and if they weren't somebody else (more like 4somebodys) were sprawled all over ours.. Anyways, as we sit down the man in question from the platform...we will call him Mr. Catch Me If You Can con man.... Anyways he was offering to put our bags here and there because they didnt fit in the cart we just put them by our door...he said 'wow you are really friendly...and trusting...somebody could steal your stuff"...well, there went my red flag....and then later asking us where were we going (he didn't really have a legit ticket) and asked us if we had phones....where we're we staying... And asking if he could put my purse somewhere for me...flags were being thrown left and right more than a nc state and Carolina football game..... Then he asked me if I was getting sleepy and did I sleep on trains.  I told him no..I was determined to stay awake for the 3hrs he was on the train to watch my stuff and protect it. He still kept making random comments so I started to question him..like where was he from. He was married so where was his wife.... What did he do.  He wasn't able to come up with answers quick enough for me and then told me he was meeting his wife somewhere and then told someone else a different place.  Wherever we went, he wasn't far behind.  I was very unnerved.. But hell bent on staying awake and alert and watching him like a hawk.  Finally, after 3long hours of no sleep he got off...I watched to make sure he didn't get back on because he looked like he was going to.  I feel like God really protected us.  Then we thought for sure we would get some sleep now that he was gone...but as soon as we sat down again some lady got in my face how I was in her seat..and I wasn't..then magic mike piped in, in his cheesy accent and duck face lips and said "I told you in Italy that wasn't your seat"....to bad she was talking to you too. I didn't move.  Still no sleep and it's in the morning waiting for our connecting train to Budapest...no bathroom and no machines...my legs and ankles are swelling up like a pregnant lady due to no elevation and tons of walking...there is no way I haven't lost weight!!!!!!!!!  Aside from complaining right now...I am thankful I have all my stuff..it's daytime.... And Lord willing we don't miss our next train we will be in budapest safe and then on to Prague and back to my little european home: Ireland. Until then... Ps. Yes we made it to Budapest and relaxing!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment