Friday, November 12, 2010

Mi Universo/My Universe

Mi Universo
My Universe

Que seas mi universo
no quiero darte solo un rato de mi tiempo
no quiero separate un día solamente
Que seas mi universo
no quiero darte mis palabras como gotas
quiero un diluvio de alabanzas en mi boca

You're my world
I do not want to give you just a bit of my time
I do not want to separate one day only
You're my world
I do not want to give you my word as droplets
I want a flood of praise in my mouth


Que seas mi universo
Que seas todo lo que siento y lo que pienso
Que seas el primer aliento en la mañana
y la luz en mi ventana

You're my world
You're all that I feel and what I think
You're the first breath in the morning
and light in my window


Que seas mi universo
Que llenes cada uno de mis pensamientos
Que tu presencia y tu poder sean mi alimento
oh Jesús es mi deseo

You're my world
To fill each of my thoughts
Your presence and your power will be my food
oh Jesus is my desire


Que seas mi universo
no quiero darte solo parte de mis años
te quiero dueño de mi tiempo y de mi espacio

You're my world
I do not want to give you only part of my years
I want you (as the) owner of my time and my space


Que seas mi universo
no quiero hacer mi voluntad quiero agradarte
y cada sueño que hay en mi quiero entregarte

You're my world
I do not want to make my will I want to like/please you
and every dream there is inside of me I want to give you



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL1nZF3EnOQ
(check out the song here - even if it is in spanish its incredibly beautiful)


Only one of the best songs you could ever, ever hear in spanish.  On the worship part that is.. there are a plethora of spanish songs I LOOOOOVE but they are mostly romantic songs by Sin Bandera or Camila. :) :)


This week has been a million emotions... excited, sad, happy, upset, anxious, hopeful..... I learned this week that I hold a lot of anger towards a lot of people/things and I need to try and let go of all of that... its so hard though.  This song has been stuck in my head since last night and I just can't stop listening to the words and meditating on them.  They ring so loud and true and so pure and so how we should feel every single day.
I need to give God every part of me... every thought, every desire, every wish, every hope, ever despair, every crack in my heart, everything..... do not hold on to anything.  I can't control anything, and the more Jesus has of ME the less I have of ME and thats how it should be.  Jesus IS IT! Not me.. not you.... not anything.  Its just the Lord Jesus... he is everything and in everything.  I hate how I wander so far from this mindset and get caught up in my flesh... dying to self everyday is incredibly hard and God is showing me that is the one thing I need to break in my life... because it is consuming me.
Oh, Jesus please help me to fall - and when I fall, it will be at your feet and you will pick me up and hold me and help me through - and it will all be ok.


On a side note... I totally feel like I should be at the beach.. God wants me to have the sand between my toes, the salty wind against my face, and that little spray of water carried by the wind from the waves that are breaking at my feet.
Now, I just need to be able to make it there!!!!  Too much working and not enough down time.  That has GOT to change.. for my sanity and the sanity of others. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so wise....or rather... God is wise in you when you surrender. I'm glad you are sharing all this- the transformation in you is real and is such a cool thing to watch/ see/ hear! I love you butterfly!! <3 Go to the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete