Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sending God a text message

I haven't blogged lately..... haha.  Just have had so much going on, just not time. :)

Lately God has really been dealing with me on time and waiting.... I was having another lovely talk with my friend Carissa, and usually when I am talking to her I have like a million epiphany's...i end up answering my own questions before I even really ask them.
I was explaining to her how like, I hate waiting to hear back from people... as everyone knows, I'm a quick/expert texter :) and I just get anxious waiting on hearing from people... you go from talking constantly, to no talking and the wait is just like crazy... and even when you are waiting for someone to come hang out or just see them its like... ughh the waiting is terrible!
Well, isn't God the same way?  How we can pour into Him all the time and talk constantly and then all of a sudden stop... isn't God anxiously awaiting for our next "text message" or phone call or time to hang out?  We get so caught up in all the little things and forget about him.... I am such a victim of this because I do it so often and I hate that.  I get so filled up on Jesus and talk to Him and have this constant interaction and then I just abruptly stop sometimes and go weeks without reading my Bible... God misses me! He misses me reading His love letter to me.
We need to always strive to be in His daily love letter to us... He awaits for us and so patiently because He loves us.

Every song that keeps playing around me is constantly saying "All I need is You, Lord"... and things of that nature.. and its true.  All I need is God... I don't need to fill my time up waiting to hear from people or waiting to go out... or anything like that.  No one can fulfill me in life, love, and spirit like Jesus... all I need IS God and all He wants is for me to realize that.

So, lets daily read His love letter, and daily "send a text" to our Father in Heaven :)  He's waiting to hear from us!  The Lord of the UNIVERSE is waiting on YOU! Does that NOT blow your mind?!?!?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes. It blows my mind.

    It blows my mind too!!!!

    I love you SO. What a great blog! (And I LOVE our walktalks!!!!!! It might be the bag of poop that I sling around- but you are right- you DEFINITELY have had some serious epiphanys lately. I think it's because you are BRILLLLLLIANT!!! :) (Just kidding. I mean, you ARE brilliant....but only because God made you that way and He made you that way for HIS glory. All we need is Him. Yes.)

    Another note on the "brilliance" piece... GUESS WHO GOT A Word-of-the-Day text today??? MEEEE!!! I'm gonna keep up with you in the brain department, Smalls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that bag of poop does take quite a swinging when we walk.. lol

    ReplyDelete